Tennis fans in the Bay Area are invited to to have fun and compete in the first SALA Cup Tennis Tournament hosted by SALA homes and team AAA.
SALA Cup is a Bay Area version of “Laver Cup”.
The mini doubles tournament will take place on the weekend of 9/24-25. It can be an extension of the HeCares Cup league if you would like to have more team challenges. You can use it as warmup event for the upcoming Zijing Cup alumni team tennis championship, or simply have fun and enjoy a tennis party.
Two-day tournament, 3-line doubles team competition:
- Total UTRs of six players cannot exceed 30;
- Only players with Verified DUTR can play;
- At least three women players are required in the lineup;
- These lines can be any of men’s doubles, mixed doubles or women’s doubles;
- D1: 1point, D2: 2 points, D3: 3 points
- UTR of D1 >= UTR of D2 >= UTR of D3;
- Default is not allowed;
- If two team are tied at 3:3, the tiebreaker will be the team total game winning percentage. If the total game winning percentage is still tied, team wins D2 will be the winner.
Note: 7-day UTR average between 9/10 to 9/17 will be used as Match UTR for all players.
Match Time: 9/24-25 Sat & Sun ( 12:00pm – 8:00pm)
Saturday: Team Round Robin
Sunday: Semifinals and Final
Location: Mission Hills Tennis Club @Fremont
Trophies and prizes for team winner and runner-up.
Snacks will be provided during the tournament.
- Total UTR cap @ 30 across 3 lines;
- Two tennis clinics (volley clinic, lob clinic, drop shot clinic) will be provided by advanced players. One is on Saturday and the other one on Sunday. Schedule is to be decided.
- SALA’s first tournament;
- BYOK (Bring your kids with you to have fun);
- Extra Awards: Winner and runner up teams also get NCCCAF gold and silver medals and will be listed in the NCCCAF official record. Special Individual awards are available for best sportsmanship, best outfit and best shot;
- Pizza for lunch